My name is Sven Esser, I’m a marketer by heart. However there is much more than marketing which pays my attention. As a scanner I’m interested in many topics to get the big picture done. What is state of the art today? Not really interesting! Driving change and preparing the business of tomorrow and the day after is my passion. Let’s make a difference.
With this, I do not fit into a drawer and it is not “easy” to understand my profile / background within a few seconds. I’m happy to have an exchange with you at any time, doesn’t matter if we have a current topic where we can do something together or if it is just exchange about an interesting topic.
- Experienced in build-up and scale business and products national and international
- Marketing native and strategic thinker with vision and a passion for innovation, trends and the step after tomorrow
- Strong focus on transformation & customer / brand experience (online & offline)
- 3, 2, 1, … That’s me >>> Read more
“Sven is a proven leader in digital transformation with the ability to bring customer-centric solution to the table and work through the process from ideation to implementation. He knows how to ‘think globally and act locally.”
Aaron Goldman, CMO Kenshoo
SAP is doing big steps within CX and Customer Data, that’s why I decided to move back into a permanent employment. The topics around customer identity, consent and customer data platform (CDP) are becoming more and more important in the market. This is the base for driving change and future ready business, that’s my focus now. – Let’s talk !!
To see my previous positions please visit my LinkedIn profile at https://www.linkedin.com/in/sesser/
Pssssssst…. make sure to read this: https://esser.me/the-real-life-in-private-and-business
Growing world-wide customer base and revenue by customer for a global sports brand. Integrating a cross-channel marketing cloud system (technical and people skills).
Global brand within the sports sector with a corporate and an e-commerce site.
Growing customer base and developing existing customer.
Starting from scratch, just with a webanalytics system and a need to build up an integrated system. A system for the entire online communication / interaction with the possibility to react shortly and flexible through the right monitoring and customer understanding to raise brand and e-commerce goals.
Setup an integrated marketing cloud which was based on user / customer profiles. This profiles where used to act cross-channel through all important online channels like e-mail, re-targeting, social, search (bid-management), product-recommendations and more.
- Implement a milestone model to grow user and customer
- Double customer base and raise e-commerce volume by 2.3x through the marketing cloud
- Implement the entire marketing cloud within 1.5 years
Transforming the client from a Single-Channel to a Cross-Channel approach and raise up traffic while cutting media buying costs.
Agency, generating e-commerce for clients. Small by company size, but under the top 3 players in their market by media spendings (7-digits € month by month)
Doing performance marketing just through one channel, search. This led to two problems, first off all the dependency on Google and second their technology focus.
Transforming technology and mindset from a Single-Channel to a Cross-Channel approach step by step with steps of Multi-Channel and Omni-Channel between.
- Instead of doing just reach and traffic building up user profiles and understanding to optimize media buying and avoid buying user several times
- Improvement of communication, dialog and interaction
- Reaching a true 1:1 personalization and growing conversion rates
Braking up a very desolate company situation and build up a new common customer focus.
Personal service provider with a huge sales focus and very much trust into themself from the management board while the employee base knows very well that they need to transform their business.
- Different mindsets through the company
- Management board which want to do what they ever did, just adopt it in some cases. This in translation and no transformation
- A relative new build vision which nobody in the company is aware of, which is not visible on their website and, at the end of the day not a vision. The sentence was also not a mission, more a value. >>> So no common driver in the company, everyone has had his own direction
Open eyes & house! This message was the key element to stop politics, insider relationships and self-infatuation. This resulted in the development of a common vision, from bottom up… not only within the management board.
- New spirit and trust after short time
- Dissolving of department thinking and first real integrated projects
- Redesigned business model with a new and strong customer focus
Well established publishing company with no real digital presence and digital tools / functionalities.
- Building the digital brand from scratch
- Broad internal offline thinking while customers (reader) had a much better digital understanding in most cases
- Customer requests more digital offers (and help to use them)
Market and product diversification as well as setting a up an integrated digital platform with CX (Customer Experience) focus to connect all services and build a bridge between online and offline.
Analyse customer needs online to build up user profiles and gain a better customer understanding to sharpen product andservices offer.
- Established the digital products and services to one of the first to reach out in their segment.
- Expanding reach from print to the own web-portal (on-site) and also a very broad reach on other (off-site) digital channels
- Successfully change from a one-way communication through the print products into a two way communication / interaction with the reader / user
- Regularly customer interaction in average 1.6 times per week and raise revenue by 1.4x
Starting from (close to) scratch and implement the environment (mindset and technology) to go the path into the age of digital transformation.
Publishing house with magazines and part of a leading group of publishing houses in Germany.
- Different websites one for each magazine, but no real integrated portal
- Many internal constraints in mindset and technology against digital
- Huge pressure from the market do to decreasing circulation numbers
Setting up a taskforce with members from all departments to get a common understanding and mindset. Develop an integrated portal which contains all content from magazines but also the entire customer service and the integration of advertising space onsite.
Based on this portal starting media-buying and corporations within the publishing group.
- Build up a common understanding what is needed and start this mindset transformation
- Successfully implement advertising and media-buying